- we finally got the upstairs bathroom fixed, which meant
- a lot of plaster dust all over everything, and
- Harley, my intrepid sewing assistant, helped out by helpfully crawling into the tiny crawlspace the plumbers opened up, and it took most of a morning to get him out, AND THEN
- my husband sliced his thumb open while sawing drywall or something, so I was on carrying-stuff-around duty for a couple of days, AND
- to get ready for the plumbers, we had to pull everything out of the bathroom because we've been using it as an extra closet for the last couple of years, AND
- that all sort of spiraled into a massive house cleanout, AND
- we wound up having a yard sale to get rid of a lot of stuff, AND
- now we have houseguests coming next weekend and possibly the weekend after that.
However! Next week, my husband leaves to chaperone a school trip to Edinburgh (I know. I KNOW) ,and that means 1) updating the Netflix queue and 2) and MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF SEWING. I'm so excited. As part of the house cleanout, I went through my sewing room and sorted fabric and got everything ready. Also, one of the houseguests is my brother, who's bringing us the old family dining-room table because he doesn't need it anymore, which means I'll finally have a cutting table. Woo.
In other news, Vogue seems to have come out with new fall patterns. Some of them I like:
Some of them, not so much:
I really don't understand this. It's a blazer! It's a cape! It's a ... blape!
I do really like this:
Nifty. I wish they had a view with the collar buttoned up.
I do not understand why Vogue insists on having their models contort into painful-looking positions:
Ow. (In those heels, especially.)
I also wish they'd stop obscuring the garments with crazy prints:
Gee, wonder what that actually looks li--