(Just realized the pattern's been updated since I first printed it years ago. Whoops.)
I made a size medium using the bird-print fabric purchased from Julija's in Antwerp.
Here it is on me:
|"Stand like an 18th-century fencer!" says my husband every time he takes these photos.|
"They always stood that way at parties!"
- I really like the nice loose fit. It's really comfortable.
- It's simple, just two pieces, ideal for stripes and patterns you don't want to break up.
- Love the higher neckline.
- The sleeves felt too short to me, so I lengthened mine by about 3 inches. I also lengthened the hem by about 4 inches, knowing that it would take me a few tries to get the hem even.
- I didn't get the neckband instructions -- they say to measure the neckline, subtract 15%, then add the seam allowance to get the right length. I tried that out a couple of times (including on my muslin) and it was always too short. I wound up fudging it a bit, adding an inch or so on afterward, and then pressing the crap out of it. That seemed to work.
- So much hemming. This is where the Renfrew has an advantage, I guess.
The neckline up close:
|I really need a serger one of these days. Hate those exposed edges!|
Here's the unfinished muslin on me -- this is where the sleeves and hem normally hit before hemming:
A comparison, muslin to final:
I think that's it. Would make again for sure. I've actually already made a muslin for my friend C., and I'm going to start on her "real" version soon, and then one made out of a tie-dyed knit for me.
In conclusion, Harley thinks we should take these things very, very seriously.