Anyway, here's my list of upcoming patterns I want to try. Let's experiment with Blogger's bullet formats, shall we?
- Colette Sorbetto: Everyone says it's easy, I'm in the mood for instant gratification, and I need a couple of cute, semi-dressy summer shirts for work. I just ordered a bias-tape maker. w00t!
- v1247: I love the geometric detail on the front and the asymmetric hem (I'm a sucker for anything geometric and/or asymmetrical). I'm going to muslin it out first (everything but the sleeves, probably) and then make the real thing with leftover fake purple linen from v1089. If it works, I want to try and make a travel version out of Coolmax. (Trying to build a travel wardrobe, but travel clothes are ridiculously expensive.)
- v8819: To replace my beloved Oak + Fort cardigan, which is on its way out. Sad. I like the chevron effect on the pattern envelope, so I'm going to try View B with some black-and-purple striped wool jersey from FabricMart, and maybe another one in plain black.
- v8461: My very first Vogue pattern (and I haven't cut into it yet). I need a new suit, and I'd like to try this in a basic black flannel, and if that works, maybe some fancy wool.
- v8512: Seems to be adaptable to a lot of different fabrics. Going to try it in a lightweight tropical wool check to start (after a muslin, I mean).
- v1195: I have some fancy Liberty silky fabric I want to try for the top. It's too nice to use for lining.
- v1069: Terrifying. I love Issey Miyake and I've been gawking at this pattern for over a year now. I'll probably muslin it out first and then make version #1 in some yellow-orange wool I dyed with coreopsis, and if that comes out, make #2 in black wool.